The face behind The Artographer is Toby Buckmaster, who is a professionally qualified artist and teacher of Art.
He has always worked from life, more recently portraying the rugged coastline of North Cornwall which are all done on site and in all weathers!
Toby’s work throughout University depicted people in different environments culminating in a large 24 foot curved canvas of a production he had seen at Richmond Theatre in Yorkshire. There was also a 9ft painting of a concert by the London Philharmonic Orchestra at Twickenham.
Throughout his teaching career to date, he has kept a visual journal of trips and has developed a technique of visual minutes during meetings.
He has also produced many drawings of churches/venues for clients of English Rose Stationery, where these drawings have been used on stationery.
It seems therefore a natural step for The Artographer to not only depict the venue but capture the event as well.
The Artogragher’s professional Qualifications
- Surrey Diploma in Art and Design – 1984
- Newcastle University – BA Hons – Fine Art (drawing and Painting) 1984 – 1989
- Archaeological draughtsman for British Museum 1988
- Various shows in Newcastle, Weymouth and London 1988 – 1992
- PGCE in Art and Design 1992
- 1992 – Modern Day. Teacher and Head of Art